4. The road across the Forest


-          So, tell me sum’thin ‘bout ya
-          My name is Dorothy Gale, and I’m from Minnesota.
-          And how’s up there?
-          The truth is that’s very grey, and cold. Here is very nice compared to there.
-          So, why wouldja go back there?
-          Hahaha, you certainly have no brains. We normal people love our homes, no matter how bright other places might be. There’s no place like home.
-          If you’d have da head full of weed, like me, you’d live always in a beautiful place, yo. Lucky for ‘Sota you people got some brains.
-          So, B-Easy, tell me something about you.
-          Well. Truth is can’t remember much ‘bout nothing. This head of my, you know.

They were talking like that for several hours, until then they came to a forest crossed by the yellow path. The scarecrow said that if the road went to Emerald they should follow it, so they went into it and walked by night. Toto could see in the dark and B-Easy didn’t really care, but Dorothy was having a bad time, until they found a cottage where Dorothy and Toto slept, while the scarecrow kept gazing on the moon in awe.